<p>The Pál-völgyi Cave in Budapest was discovered in 1904 and it is accessible for the public since 1919. The Cave is famous for its unique dripstones, the narrow corridors and the large level differences are also very typical. The 500-metre long route has lately been modernized and adjusted for the highest requirements. It takes the visitor to the most astonishing stone formations, drip stones, glittering calcium-crystals and prints of primeval shells. At some parts the perfect acoustics of the halls can also be experienced.</p>
It is a high priority for us to improve the visitor experience and the quality of our service at our demonstration sites and exhibitions. Please help our work by filling out this short QUESTIONNAIRE. It takes only 2 minutes! Thank you!
The whole tour can easily be fulfilled in normal clothes and comfortable shoes. Just make sure that even in summer you need warm clothes, because the temperatures in the cave are at about 11 degrees. A souvenir shop and a buffet are nice places to relax before and after the tour.
Visitation is prohibited for children under age 5 and below 115 cm.
For the cave tour we provide audioguides in English, German, French, Russian, Ukrainian, Italian, Polish for our foreign visitors.
- Address: 1025 Budapest, Szépvölgyi út 162.
- How to get here: By bus: Take the 65 bus from ’Kolosy tér’ - direction ’Szépvölgyi dűlő’ - exit’ Pál-völgyi cseppkőbarlang’.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +36 1 325 9505, (opening hours only)
- Opening: From Tuesday-Sunday: 10 am to 4 pm. One tour every hour! First tour at 10:15 and last tour at 16:15. The cave is closed from December 23 to January 1. Please buy your ticket minimum 10 minutes before the tour!
Duration of the tours: 60 minutes. Guided tours start at 15 minutes past every hour. Visitation is prohibited for children under age 5 and below 115 cm.
- Basic tour (~50 min) 3 000 HUF/person, Discount price: 2 300 HUF/person
- Combined ticket (also valid for Szemlő-hegyi Cave) 4 700 HUF/person, Discount price: 3 700 HUF/person
- Exhibition ticket 1 000 HUF, Discount price: 700 HUF
<p><em>Credit card payment is also possible. </em><br /><em><br /></em>Discount price:<br />The discount prices are valid for: retired, children, students and teachers; two or more children accompanying adults (max. 2 persons) also discounted tickets can enter; groups from a school accompanying all adults.<br />Combined ticket: valid for Pál-völgyi Cave and also the Szemlő-hegyi Cave. <u></u></p>
Visiting the Szemlő-hegyi Cave is ideal for school and preschool groups, families and tourists as well because a real fairy-tale world is waiting for them here.More
Sas-Hill Visitor Center
Living museum in the heart of Budapest! Interactive exhibition, outdoor terrariums, magnificent view of the city from its panoramic terrace, guided tours on the nature trail.More