Arboretum of Alcsút
About 40 km from the capital city, between Tata and Székésfehérvár, directly in the Váli-valley there is this beautiful place called Alcsút Arboretum. In the past this was the castle garden of József Nádor, which contains an area of 40 hectare. The main building is the castle, which unfortunately is not in a good condition. But besides the castle there is the stunning english garden with a lake right in front of the castle. From there many pathways start, where you can find a diversity of flowers.
the giant trees theres various buildings to find, just like nice bridges, a
pavilion with a beautiful view, a dollhouse, a bear-house and the Lourdes
cages. The former owners of the Arboretum had very good skills in handling
plants, so thanks to them you can find a variety of hungarian and also foreign
plants, which contains about 540 types of bushes and trees. Furthermore
there are exhibitions in the chapel and the dollhouse, where you can learn more
about the history of this place.
You can visit the Arboretum the whole year, but especially in the time from february to march it is worh a visit, because you can have a look on the beautiful snowdrop fields. In May you can look at beautiful Philadelphus bushes and Nuphar plants and in June there are thousands of fireflys glowing in the dark.
- Address: 8087 Alcsútdoboz, Alcsúti Arborétum
- How to get here: By car: From Budapest: Motorway M1 - direction Vienna - exit ’Bicske’ (881) or Motorway M7 – direction Székésfehérvár – exit ’Baracska-Kajászó’ to Kajászó-Vál-Alcsútdoboz. By train and bus: Take the train to ’Bicske’ and from there you can take the bus
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +36 22 353 219
- Opening: From 1st March to 31th October: Monday-Sunday, from 10 am to 6 pm; from 1st November to 28th February: Thursday-Sunday, from 10 am to 4 pm. From 24th december to 2nd January and in case of storm the arboretum is closed.
For more information visit: www.alcsuti-arboretum.hu
- Adults 1 500 HUF/person, Discount price: 1 000 HUF/person
- Groups (10+ paying visitors) 1 250 HUF/person, Discount price: 900 HUF/person
- Guided tour (max. 30 persons, by appointment, 1,5 hours) ., Discount price: 33 000 HUF/group
- Registration ticket ., Discount price: 100 HUF/person
Registration ticket:<br>- children (0-3 years old)<br>- visitors with disabilities (the accompanying person gets entry for this fee too)<br><br>Discount Price:<br>The discount prices are valid for: retired, children, students and teachers.<br><br>