Participants of our walking tours in the Buda Castle Cave can catch a glimpse of a 3,3 km long cave system hiding underneath the streets of the Castle District and discover the history and the unique geology of the Buda Castle Hill.
Natural limestone caverns and 800-year-old man-made cellars were connected to a labyrinth-like underground system thus becoming one of the most extraordinary caves in Hungary. The tour will take you to a journey through time: the underground halls and corridors were used in a variety of ways, from wine cellars, bomb shelters to even a medieval prison. In its present form the cave system is showing the result of the combined work of man and nature throughout many centuries.
Duration and length of the tour:
- normal tours: 1,5 km, approximately 1,5 hours
- short tours: 0,6 km, approximately 45 minutes
Tickets can be purchased ONLY ONLINE. It is not possible to buy tickets on the spot!
Information and ticket purchase >>
- normal tours: at the Holy Trinity Column of Szentháromság Square (in front of the Matthias Church --- address: 1014 Budapest, Szentháromság tér)
- shourt tours: by the entrance of the cave (address: 1014 Budapest, Dárda utca 2.)
Please arrive in time as the tour guide can not be reached after the start of the tour!
Good to know:
- The walking tour takes place in a cave environment on paved roads with lighting.
- The inside temperature is 12°C (54° Fahrenheit), suitable clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The number of participants is limited to 25 people at a time.
- Group reservations with additional dates are available upon request. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The tour is recommended from the age of 12.
No tour dates available? Contact us to book a tour date for your family or your group (5 - 25 people)!
How does it work?
Step 1: Book a specific time and date for your group of at least 5 people via email.
Step 2: receive confirmation
Step 3: your tour date will now appear on our website - please buy the tickets for your group online.
Step 4: see you on our tour! :-)
No tours on sundays! Thank you for understanding.
Photos and videos allowed only in case of written permission of the tour guide and fellow visitors!
It is a high priority for us to improve the visitor experience and the quality of our service at our demonstration sites and exhibitions. Please help our work by filling out this short QUESTIONNAIRE. It takes only 2 minutes! Thank you!